Sunday 9 December 2012

Horny. Again!


A good weekend, ending on a beach in Suffolk looking at a bird I saw in Shetland not 2 months ago.  Weather was just about the same too.  Cold, windy with the occasional blob of water thrown in. Can't say I was too thrilled at the prospect of seeing a Arctic Redpoll over Penduline Tit at Ouse Fen, but since those birds didn't show today (probably because everyone was hacking down to Aldeburgh), and Hornemann's are such enchanting birds; a good decision by Bradders.


Saturday I wandered down to Rainham to bulk up the somewhat sorry looking year list there. A Lesser Redpoll, a couple of Bullfinch and 3 smart Bewick's meant not a bad result. Met Bradders there, filthily twitching the swans, who informed me of a wader count the next morning at this very spot.  Greedily I thought I'll have some of that, could move the list on a bit.


Our tally 1 Dunlin, 2 Black-tailed Godwit and a Snipe.  Good work.  I think we were probably looking the wrong way.  So then to Aldeburgh and a, stone me, showy and amiable sheep-size finch eating pebbles - they are that hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment