Friday 13 December 2013

Dear Santa...

Please may I have all of the following for Christmas

Penduline Tit
Glaucous Gull
Ringed-bill Gull
Rough-legged Buzzard
Arctic Redpoll*

Great Skua
Hoopoe
Serin
Long-eared Owl
Brown Shrike**

Eider
Pink-footed Goose
Red-breasted Merganser
Whooper Swan
Lapland Bunting
Grey Phalarope
Dartford Warbler
Sanderling
Common Crane
Pomerine Skua***

Gannet
Monk Parakeet (not sure I really want one of these, but it would be nice to see one)****

Goshawk
Ruddy Duck
Velvet Scoter
Shag
Red-necked Grebe
Bean Goose
Barnacle Goose
White-fronted Goose
Bewick Swan
Snow Bunting
Iceland Gull
Caspian Gull (if I have to!)*****

I have been good

You don't have to parcel them up in one go, I don't  mind two or three a day, you know like the twelve days of Christmas kind of thing, but with birds.  I am not sure I could cope with any number of maids-a-milking anymore

oooh and a (Grey) Partridge in a field somewhere nearby would be ace

Nick

* London December sightings in 2008
** 2009
*** 2010
**** 2011
***** 2012

So there is precedence for this

Today I ticked off the Iceland Gull at Beddington, but not before I had scrutinised all one million of the larid buggers enjoying the tip, and then it was right where I had started.  It was close in on the bank, so could have been there all the bloody time.  Hard to see because some damn fool had planted trees along the bank.







Had to go manual...


then forgot I was in manual.  Might have nailed it otherwise...







No comments:

Post a Comment